Who Are We?
The Santa Clarita Valley CAC is composed of parent volunteers, educators, and other interested community members who want to make a difference in the education of all children. Your CAC seeks to join together parents, educators, lawmakers, service providers and others in our community with the goal of improving and protecting the education of our children with special needs. Your CAC is here to inform, empower, and support you. We invite you to join us in our quest to help others in our community.
The Special Education CAC believes that every child has a right to fulfill their potential with dignity, hope, and opportunity.
The CAC is committed to ensuring:
• Quality education for all children
• Collaboration between parents and schools
• Empowering parents through education and advocacy
• Access to resources and information
Benefits of Being Involved
The CAC can give you the knowledge and skills necessary to become more comfortable in your role as a partner in the education process for your child. The CAC serves as a way to gain, as well as share knowledge, and help develop the best possible programs for our students.
Through CAC Parents Can...
• Learn about school and community resources related to special education;
• Receive training and skill building through workshops;
• Discuss ideas and concerns with people who will listen, understand, and respond;
• Collaborate and network with other parents;
• Have the opportunity for personal growth and leadership development;
• Receive information related to your child's disability;
• Engage in effective advocacy for children with special needs.
How Can I Get Involved?
• Attend a CAC meeting - all meetings are open to the public;
• Apply to become a CAC member representing your child's school district*;
• Join one of the CAC subcommittees;
• Help plan and organize CAC parent workshops.
*To become a voting member of CAC, complete a nomination application found HERE
. Anyone may self-nominate; all nominations are reviewed by the local school district and the SELPA prior to approval.
Child Care and Interpreter Services for CAC Meetings
Please call the SELPA Office to request child care and/or interpreter services:
661-259-0033 ext. 742
CAC Meetings and Parent Workshops
September 20, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. CAC Business Meeting
September 20, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Parent Workshop: The Power of Positive Parenting
October 18, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. CAC Business Meeting
October 18, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. Parent Workshop TBD
February 28, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. CAC Business Meeting
February 28, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Parent Workshop TBD
April 18, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. CAC Business Meeting
April 18, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Parent Workshop TBD
May 16, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. CAC Business Meeting
May 16, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. Parent Workshop TBD