The Crisis Prevention Institute's Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (NCI) certification program is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to respond early and effectively to prevent or defuse a behavioral escalation. Participants will learn a range of preventative strategies, de-escalation skills, communication skills, and physical interventions to reduce the risk of injury and maintain the student's dignity.
The Santa Clarita Valley SELPA offers the following NCI training options for employees of our member school districts:
- 2-Day NCI Certification Training
- 2-Day NCI Certification Training focused on working with students on the Autism Spectrum
- 1-Day Verbal De-Escalation Training (physical interventions will not be taught)
- 1/2 Day Refresher Course for staff who have received NCI training in the past two years
- **For staff members who began their NCI Training during the 2020-2021 school-year, the "physical intervention training" is offered to complete your NCI Certification. "Physical intervention training" is available as a full-day workshop for those who attended a full-day course last year, or a 1/2-day refresher course for those who attended a 1/2-day course last year. Scroll down to find the correct training program for you.
Click on the dates below for more information and registration:
*NEW LOCATION: Hart District Annex Room 101, 26320 Spirit Court, Santa Clarita, CA 91350
**Physical Intervention Training:
If you have questions, please call the SCV SELPA office at 661-259-0033 ext. 742.